Capterra surveyed 500 companies of different sizes to analyze CRM usage. The CRM Industry User Research Report by Capterra showed that vendors consider the following reasons to make a CRM switch:
- The previous CRM didn’t have enough features.
- The solution was no longer evolving.
- The platform became too expensive.
- The software no longer supported the organization’s size.
- The CRM was too hard to use
The migration to a more mature CRM is something to consider. Transferring data from SugarCRM to HubSpot might be a crucial decision to make your company a winner. This article will focus on the platforms’ pros and cons and describe the migration process from SugarCRM to HubSpot.
SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM: What’s the difference?
SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM were launched in 2004 and 2015, respectively. SugarCRM is a user-friendly solution that can be personalized to fit all types of businesses and all sizes. The systems have a significant age gap, providing both powerful functionality and configuration choices.
- The improved interface has three navigation bars merged into one. The drop-down menus on the main screen allow you to get to relevant details quickly.
- SugarCRM has an email integration feature that allows you to send letters within the application to clients without opening an additional program or switch between them.
- The campaign wizards and the reports guide you through various ways to set up marketing campaigns. Even the drag and drop option allows you to quickly and easily build files.
- The solution helps you manage projects efficiently through a single interface, keeping track of the sales and marketing process; you can quickly control activities and identify opportunities.
- HubSpot’s dashboard helps you handle one intuitive view of your emails, messages, calls, or website visits.
- Tracking the pipeline and dealing dashboard tools help monitor how deals progress.
- The solution integrates seamlessly with Gmail and Google Apps. From your app, you can send emails right from any contact. Moreover, the connection with Google Calendar helps you schedule meetings and set up new ones with just one click.
- Sidekick extension lets you get real-time updates as soon as the leads interact with your company. For example, if potential customers visit your website or open emails.
How to get ready for CRM migration
It is well known that thorough planning and preparation are paramount to the success of data migration, so use the following tips:
- Test your future platform. You can check out the platform and see the program in action, as HubSpot is free. At this stage, you will be acquainted with all the capabilities of integrating and automating.
- Analyze your data. Exploring how the data is organized and which parts need some extra attention is strongly recommended. Then determine what objects should be transferred to or left on a new framework. For example, if your database contains historical information like outdated appointments, completed phone calls, and meetings, you might not want it for other business processes.
- Secure the data. Prevent data loss by preparing a backup and maintain it even after the transfer is complete.
- Announce to your employees. Ensure your staff is ready to meet a change by providing the required information or tutorials about using the new solution.
How to Migrate from SugarCRM to HubSpot CRM with TRUJAY
When you are all fired up for the switching process, finding a smooth and secure data transition tool is essential. In this case, you can take advantage of the automated migration service with Trujay. The software can help you move all your records in 3 simple steps that are entirely hands-off:
- You need to register your account with Trujay to set up the sample migration process. Visit Trujay’s Self-Service wizard to begin.
- Choose SugarCRM from the drop-down menu. Specify your URL, username, and password.
- Specify your destination CRM – HubSpot and click the “Test connection” button.
- Click the ‘Customize Mapping’ button to set up the fields you want to migrate from SugarCRM to HubSpot. If everything looks good, click the ‘Start Sample.’
- Check your sample results after the migration from SugarCRM to Hubspot. If you’re satisfied, click the “Start Full Migration” button.
Note: You can re-run your free sample migration and change field mapping as many times as you wish at no cost.
How to touch company with a new CRM
While all the difficult tasks are behind, it’s important to take a few more steps to ensure the new approach works properly. Second, if all transferred data is correct in the appropriate format, you can carve out at least one hour to find out. Then you can change the reporting tools filters, set up workflow rules, and start other minor configurations and adjustments.
Employee adoption is the most difficult aspect of the deployment process, it can take the workers several months to start using the platform to its full potential. Consider the suggestions below for simplifying the learning curve:
- Send examples of the problems with the previous method. Show, for example, how the old software caused knowledge gaps and revenue declines.
- Try not to give straight away too much preparation. It is safer to give small quantities of information so that your employees are not overwhelmed.
- Equip users with online tutorials. For example, you can create a Youtube channel to engage your employees.
- Make it fun! Create bonuses and give different awards for the employees who accomplish certain achievements.
In case you are looking for a simple, easy-to-use, and modern CRM, then the migration from SugarCRM to HubSpot CRM is your way to go. Take all the tips above into consideration and perform your Sample data transfer.
If you want to learn more information about the process of data switching, contact the TRUJAY experts for useful insights.